It’s been a long time since I’ve posted here. More than a year has passed, and a lot has happened. Now, in 2016, I want to start posting here more frequently to help me keep track of my goals and post my random thoughts.
Here’s what happened in 2015:
- I became a mother for the first time to my little daughter, Rose.
- I was named editor of the year at my workplace.
- I was promoted to managing editor/supervisor.
- I was able to get back into running postpartum by listening to my body and allowing myself rest when I needed it.
- I ran a total of 452.5 miles–less than half my 2014 total–and feel great about it.
Here’s what I hope to achieve in 2016:
- Run 12 half-marathons in 12 months. I’m signed up for six so far, with the first one in just two weeks on January 17th.
- Run at least four days each week (five ideally), lift at least three days each week, and yoga at least once a week. Also try to run on trails more.
- Pay attention to my body and allow myself rest days when I need them.
- Try not to get hung up on speed/pace, which is much slower post-baby. Also, try to weigh myself less and become less concerned about weight and appearance, and more concerned with health and well-being.
- Be a good mummy to my baby girl by helping her learn and grow, and being a good example to her.
- Be less judgmental of others, and be more patient and understanding.
I wouldn’t call these New Year’s resolutions exactly, but I think that the beginning of the year is a great time for setting goals and holding yourself accountable.
This morning, I ran five miles on the trail, and it felt great. Now, I’m going to spend time with my family and enjoy the first day of the year!