Last Saturday, my baby boy turned 1.
I felt pretty emotional at the thought of him becoming more like a little boy than a baby. He’s my second and last baby, so maybe that’s why I felt so sad. While I love watching him grow, I also feel nostalgic for the little baby who would sleep on me and who needed me for everything.
Here’s a little bit about my gorgeous 1-year-old.
- He loves to cuddle, much more than I ever remember his sister cuddling.
- He likes to babble and chat.
- He just learned how to wave, but he faces his hand the wrong way so it looks like he’s waving at himself.
- He hates when anyone takes something away from him and he gets SUPER mad.
- He is a little clown like his sister and loves to make us laugh.
- He is a champion sleeper and sleeps for 12 hours at night, as well as a 2-3 hour nap on the weekends.
- He LOVES food and never misses a meal. He especially likes fruit, fried rice, crackers, cheese, and lasagna.
- He is a big, strong boy who weighed in at 26 pounds, 5 ounces at his 12-month checkup. That puts him in the 98th percentile.
- He loves being outside.
This year seems to have gone so fast, though it also seems like he has been with us forever. I know the next year will go just as fast, so I am trying to remind myself daily to slow down, get rid of distractions, and just enjoy my sweet boy and his beautiful sister as they grow up together.