It’s the end of another week… week nine, to be exact. It’s really weird to realize that it’s been that many weeks of working/momming from home, especially when we first started I figured it would be 4-6 weeks max. But here we are!
Days 61 and 62 (May 14 and 15)
On day 61, the governor announced that childcare facilities will be able to reopen on June 1 with many restrictions. I’m still not sure how I feel about that. So instead of yammering on about it, I want to make a list of things that I have realized or learned during this quarantine period.
- I don’t want to wear a regular bra ever again. Seriously.
- It’s going to be hard to go back to wearing work pants, whenever that has to happen.
- I like getting up early every day to work out.
- I can make really good bread and pizza dough!
- I miss having a solid routine.
- I actually CAN do strength training on my own (it took me a while to start enjoying doing this alone in my basement when I’m used to group classes).
The last two days were good, overall. There were some temper tantrums (not mine) and lots of tears (some mine) but we also got in some quality walks complete with puddle splashing and lots of snuggle time. I made pizza tonight using my new convection toaster oven (which has a pizza setting!!!) and it turned out really well. I’ve learned that the best way to make dough is using my bread machine. Rose actually ate all her pizza, which usually doesn’t happen, so it was a win all around!
I’m looking forward to spending some time outside this weekend!